Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm all googly eyed over.....

I'm head over heels for Kelly Wearstler's new line of fine china from Pickard.  It's so eclectic, and with such a heavy emphasis on design, it transports you through the decades where art deco reigned supreme (plus, a shout out to the great 1980s as well).  I just love it!!


Inspired by modern art, Mulholland is a graphic pattern that mixes well with the more decorative patterns to create a vibrant and unique place setting.  I totally see bright pin lights in this pattern!


At once modern and timeless, Hillcrest is a unique pattern evocative of sea anemones and the stylized florals of the 1920’s. The delicate linework and graceful forms are rendered in a soft metallic gold.  I love this mix between the sea and land.  What a great option for both a relaxing beach house and a chic apartment in Manhattan (or in my case, Dallas)!


I love this one!  It's totally out of my usual taste bracket, but it's reminiscent of southwestern rugs from the early 80s.  Plus, it's designed to mixed with other pieces in her collection.

How perfect would this be for a "night under the stars" dinner party, a Great Gatsby costume gala, or a graduation luncheon?  It just reeks of celebration!  Trousdale was inspired by the delicate lacquer work of the Art Deco movement and the minimalism of Japanese art. A subtle gradation of gold dots delicately decorates this pattern, which is set in a palette of metallic gold and ivory.

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!  Off to dinner now where I plan to imagine that I'm eating off of this dinnerware.  Happy Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment